Products • Services
Let's support each other. Below you will find products and services by secular women. Submit yours here.
Art and Illustration
- Dana Ellyn is a D.C. resident and full-time painter who lives and paints in her studio in a subsidized artist housing unit in downtown Washington, D.C. Ellyn's paintings have stories to tell and opinions to profess. She delivers hard slaps to myths of all kinds - from religion, to politics to what it means to be a woman. Ellyn's goal is to employ humor when holding a subject up to her artistic scrutiny. But, humor is as subjective as art and Ellyn's brand of humor has tended to be a polarizing factor in her art. Love it or hate it, she definitely starts a dialogue. From childhood until about the age of 30, Ellyn was quiet and reserved. She has now found her voice and she is making up for lost time. See her art at www.danaellyn.com.
- helloellenellen Custom Portraits by Ellen Lundgren are hand drawn from your photograph on 30% recycled paper and sold on Etsy.com. Portraits make great gifts for family and friends during celebratory moments in life. Ellen is an undergrand fine art student whose portfolio can be found at www.ellenlundgren.com . She is currently the summer design intern for the Secular Student Alliance and a student member of Secular Woman.
- Michaela Blassnig is an illustrator based in Australia and specializing in children's books. She is just starting to break into art for educational programs and would love to get involved in producing books with a solid secular/humanist/feminist base for kids (and all ages!) -- but has yet to connect with the right authors and publishers. Visit www.embiearts.com to see her work.
- Tribal Spider Arts is Sarah Sertic's Fine Arts and Commercial Photography studio located in Lorton, Virginia at the Historic Workhouse Arts Center. Visit the online gallery at www.tribalspiderarts.net.
Bumperstickers, T-Shirts, Mugs, etc.
- Becky Hale started EvolveFish almost 20 years ago and is especially proud of the "Intelligent Design" design. Many of the products are produced by hand in small quantities. Shop at EvolveFish.com.
- Irene Panchuk, who designed the Secular Woman logo, would describe her style as "Bright, Bold & Clean". Born in Ukraine, but raised in Canada, she has a degree in English and a certificate in Digital Publishing Design. Irene also enjoys taking photos of nature and still life. To see more of Irene's work please visit her portfolio.
- Amy Davis Roth is the creator of Surly-Ramics: hand-formed and hand-painted ceramic jewelry. Don't miss the Secular Woman pendant necklace! Surly Amy generously donates a portion of these purchases back to Secular Woman.
- Care for Carli is the new business of the Aurora, Colorado shooting survivor who granted an interview to Secular Woman. She's making jewelry to help pay the bills while she's out of work recovering from the wounds received that night. Visit her Etsy shop.
- Emily Dietle doing business as The Twisted Button crafts "unique rings ... made from buttons, baubles, beads and other objects," many of them one-of-a-kind treasures from antiques stores. Visit www.thetwistedbutton.com to order yours. (Also see The Twisted Button on Facebook.)
- Sandra McEwen, a graduate of Rhode Island School of Design, handcrafts Cloisonné and Champlevé Enamel Jewelry. Her work incorporates color, light, and balance- be it abstract or figurative.She is influenced by all the gorgeous jewelry of the past, but gives it a modern twist. See and purchase her wonderful creations at her online store.
- CraftLass is an independent folk singer-songwriter from Hoboken, NJ who writes a lot about space, science, politics, women’s issues, and critical thinking. A love of spiritual and folk music of the past and interest in how theology and religion have affected the world throughout human history have led to a passion for writing songs that stir people much like religious music but with secular lyrics advocating for reason and belief in the power of humanity. As an advocate for space exploration best known for her single "Bake Sale for NASA" she has proudly lent her talents to events like Yuri's Night at the Astronaut Hall of Fame and SpaceUp Houston at the Lunar and Planetary Institute and sees every performance as an opportunity to reach out and educate as well as entertain. Visit the website
- Shelley Segal, the Melbourne based singer-songwriter became involved in secular activism over two years ago, despite her father being the president of a local synagogue. Her songs are a passionate response to dogmatic belief, inequality, religious oppression and the idea that only the devout can be grateful and good. (Melbourne Times City Weekly) Shelley's An Atheist Album is available from our Amazon store. Please clear cache before purchasing.
Aviva Rothschild makes beautiful and healthy glycerine soap in a variety of fun shapes. Choose from over 200 molds, such as Darwin fish, Gay Bars, trains, flowers, and much more. She also has a wide variety of scents, from the basics like lavender, peppermint, and sandalwood to more exotic ones like Orange Flower Blossom, Hot Cocoa, and Red Currant. Soap made on demand and shipped all over the world! Select yours at Aviva's Soapbox. Aviva has also written a fantasy novel called With Strings Attached.
Research and Technology
- Mary Ellen Sikes, a Secular Woman co-founder and developer of this website, is also the president of the American Secular Census, the independent national registry of demographic and viewpoint data recorded by Secular Americans. The Secular Census releases statistics about and for the secular community, e-publishes the Datadog, and maintains the only demographic and viewpoint database of Secular Americans organized by Congressional district.
Currently, our 501(c)(3) status is pending approval with the IRS. All donations received during this time may be treated as tax-deductible contributions. We are confident that our application will be successful. However, we are required to inform you that should our application be deferred or denied your donation would not be tax-deductible.