Outreach Associate – Family Economic Security, Education, and Employment
The National Women’s Law Center seeks an Outreach Associate to help engage advocates at the national and state levels to improve policies that affect the lives of women and their families.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Outreach Associate will work across several program areas to implement outreach strategies that support NWLC’s work on family economic security, education, and employment issues. In family economic security, the Outreach Associate will work on federal and state advocacy efforts, including child care/early education, unemployment insurance, tax credits, Social Security, and various other programs that help low-income women and their families. The Outreach Associate also will be involved in education and employment projects such as the campaign for fair pay and the rights of girls in school (dropout prevention, helping pregnant and parenting students, athletics, sexual harassment, etc.).
The Outreach Associate will be part of the Outreach Team in NWLC’s Communications Department and will report to the Senior Outreach Manager for Family Economic Security, Education and Employment.
· Assisting in the implementation of effective, creative, and dynamic campaign strategies, messaging, and production of related engagement activities and materials, both through online strategies and traditional offline field organizing.
· Supporting state and federal advocacy by coordinating regular communications with advocates and coalition members and developing opportunities for recruiting new advocates.
· Coordinating development of online content, including writing action alerts, blog posts, fact sheets, and other advocacy material.
· Managing the logistics of advocacy conferences, rallies, meetings, webinars, conference calls, coalition sign-on letters, and related events.
The ideal candidate will have:
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree. At least 2 years of related professional experience. A demonstrated understanding of grassroots organizing (online and offline) and progressive campaigns.
· Very strong writing skills. Experience writing action alerts is desirable.
· The ability to work well with competing priorities, meet deadlines, and manage workflow processes involving multiple people.
· Demonstrated experience and judgment working both collaboratively and independently.
· Internet, social media, and computer savvy. Experience with eCRMs (Convio), HTML, Drupal desirable.
· A commitment to progressive women’s issues is a must.
To apply, submit a cover letter describing your qualifications and salary requirements, resume, three supervisory references, and a short writing sample. Electronic submissions are preferred at [email protected] Please include position title in the subject line. Applications accepted until position is filled. No phone calls please.